We’re always trying to find new and exciting sweet treats, and we think we’ve found three amazing Yorkshire companies for you to try out . So there are now brownies, blondies, fruit cakes, ice-cream and sorbets to complement the chocolates. Come in and taste for yourselves!
Brown & Blond was set up in 2010 by 18 year old George Welton, with the aim of bringing people together with a shared love and appreciation of brownies. Now with over 50 flavour combinations, his Leeds business is going from strength to strength and we’re delighted to stock 3 of his delicious flavours:
- Triple Chocolate
- Black Forest
- Hazelnut Praline
We’ll be stocking new flavours as we go along, so let us know if you have a particular favourite.
Tipple Tails yummy fruit cakes are made in Sheffield by passionate baker Jane Stammers. They come in four delicious flavours:
- Ginger Tingle, which is packed with stem ginger, walnuts and plump, juicy vine fruit and steeped in mouth-tingling Jamaica Ginger Cake liqueur;
- Cherry Orchard, bursting with almonds and cherries and steeped in fragrant Cherry Bakewell Tart liqueur;
- Cinnamon Pippin, full of plump juicy sultanas and hazelnuts and spiced in tummy-warming Cinnamon Apple Crumble liqueur;
- Coco Bazaar, an exotic and luxurious chocolate fruit cake, full of flavours of the east including chocolate, pistachios, honey, cardamom and plump, juicy vine fruits and laced with heady Rose Geranium & Turkish Delight Liqueur.
“Provenance is important to us,” says Jane. “Our fruit cakes are made with free range eggs, laid by happy chickens just a couple of miles up the road at Dunsford Bridge, our butter comes from Longley Farm in Holmfirth, home to Nora Batty and Compo and our flour from Driffield millers, Bradshaws.”
Jane also cares about the packaging of her products, using only biodegradable cellophane which is tied with bakers twine made in Lancashire. The little paper cake cases are made in the Peak District and the pretty tin comes from a long standing tin maker in London.
The tins can be reused for all sorts of things, or you can even order a cake refill. Just ask us to order one for you!
Northern Bloc, who is based in Leeds, produces 100% natural ice creams and sorbets using locally sourced ingredients and absolutely no additives, colourings or artificial flavourings.
All of their products are GLUTEN FREE & suitable for VEGETARIANS and the sorbets are suitable for VEGANS.
Here are some of the wonderful flavours available in the SWEET FINK freezer cabinet at the moment:
- Raspberry & Sorrel (a wild citrusy herb that works perfectly with raspberry!)
- Ginger Caramel
- Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt
- Black Treacle
- Strawberry & Black Pepper
- Bourbon Vanilla
- White Chocolate & Popcorn